Avventura Italiana

It's been about four days since I returned from Milan, Italy. While being back home and at work has already swamped me, I can't help thinking of this Italian adventure I got to embark on. 17 days across cities that breathe history, art, architecture, culture, religion and so much more! 17 days of fun (and exhaustion) accompanied by two women who kept me on my toes, literally and otherwise.

In a nutshell, my itinerary read like this eventually: Rome-Vatican City-Naples-Florence-Pisa-Milan-Nice-Monaco-Cannes-Milan-Verona-Milan. It seems whirlwind but I think we managed a good pace and never really had to worry about missing something - even if we did. 

Of course, the full credit goes to Fi, who planned the entire itinerary right down to the places we should eat at. And because she had already been living in Italy for a year and knew the language and her way around Italians, it was a massive help.

Lo and I just followed instructions. I whined about the walking. Got mad a few times, but in hindsight, it was all for the best. I needed this trip. Not just for the "vacation" aspect of it, but more from a life experience perspective. 

I will try to articulate these hopefully soon.

Ciao for now!

~j~


PS: Excuse the delayed posting. #Drafts

Comments

krist0ph3r said…
time for another postcard? :D

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon

postcard from j: a suitable boy

Watch this space! (updated)