Happy News Year!

No, that's not a typo in the title. 

Last year was not the best by any stretch of the imagination. Except for the Indian cricket team winning the World Cup (which didn't really excite me), most of the time we were plagued by rising inflation, rude rickshaw drivers, and an apathetic government. On the personal front, I've had a tough year too - coming to terms with a new role, taking on a crazy project, learning and unlearning so much, an injured ankle (which bothers me even now), still dealing with questions of age and marriage while everyone around is getting hitched and making babies. (But I'm more grateful for the tough times. Those are the experiences that enrich me.)

Sadly, we also lost many notable legends who made immense contributions in their respective fields. The names that spring to mind: MF Hussain, Shammi Kapoor, Jagjit Singh, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, Dev Anand, Jehangir Sabavala, Bhupen Hazarika, Mario Miranda, and internationally, Peter Roebuck, Steve Jobs, Amy Winehouse, Elizabeth Taylor. Our world will be poorer with their loss.

So, I sincerely hope that 2012 is a Happy 'News' Year. For Mumbai, India and our planet. For you and me. 

Etc.
I never make resolutions, but I promise to keep this blog going. Thanks to our August Blogging Challenge, I find posting here therapeutic. (Thanks to Lo for partnering with me on it.)
CLICKED IN JUNE 2011 A FEW HOURS BEFORE I SLIPPED AND INJURED MY RIGHT ANKLE ON THIS VERY GROUND. :(

The other promise I'm making is to read more and tweet less. The latter has already taken shape with tweeting only in bursts and early in the morning/late at night and only if I'm seeking help. The "read more" goal is going to be the real challenge. 

And finally, kickstart a few healthy habits. Drink more water, eat less junk, get enough sleep, walk as much as possible. These seem easy, but trust me, when those 6pm hunger pangs strike, a piping hot samosa becomes irresistible. (And I'm not even a samosa fan!) This also means I must leave office everyday at 6 unless absolutely necessary for me to stay back. Which in turn means getting to office on time, and that in turn means, getting enough sleep. See, it's a cycle. So, fingers crossed.

What are some of your resolutions? Let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon

Watch this space! (updated)

postcard from j: goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend