Gifted

With the Feast of the Epiphany last Sunday, the Christmas season is over. The Feast marks the visit of the Magi (also referred to as the Three Wise Men or Three Kings) who brought gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh for Baby Jesus. Speaking of gifts, I've never grown up with the concept of "gifts" for Christmas. Except for having a new dress stitched for the festival, we pretty much didn't really receive any presents. Guess it was always a western thing. Much like having a (plastic) Christmas tree.

However, in the last few years, my brother and I have bought presents for the children in the family. Mostly for younger cousins during Christmas. While it's fun to give and receive them, we always make sure they aren't extravagant. And that we remember it's the thought that counts. Cliched, I know. But very relevant. Personally, I prefer buying books and educational toys for children. I never buy clothes for anyone else. This time around, I was very surprised to receive a few gifts myself... so just wanted to share a photo of them. Click on the images for a better view.


So, here's what I received...

And then, thanks to the #MumbaiSecretSanta Project, my Secret Santa sent me this fun cushion...

Sweet, no? [Psst, must write about this Mumbai Secret Santa Project soon. It was bloody awesome.]

A big THANK YOU to all of you who got me these gifts. The fact that you had me in your thoughts means more to me. And I truly appreciate them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon

Watch this space! (updated)

postcard from j: goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend