Sweet Corn Salad

My trip to Nature's Basket, Bandra on Monday yielded in not much shopping at the outlet. Reason? Everything is nice there but so bloody expensive. Anyway, while I checked out with some meagre supplies, I noticed these nice-looking recipe cards (will snap a pic of those later as they are at home) that you could pick up. 

A lady called Rushina Munshaw Ghildiyal - who I've gathered is pretty popular in food circles - puts together recipes on these cards (I think she works with Nature's Basket). Got three different ones this time... and I decided to try the simplest (obviously!) of the three: Sweet Corn Salad. If you know me at all, you'll know that I can't cook to save my life.

So today, the salad was my lunch... and while I adapted the recipe as per the ingredients I had, I think it was pretty good. Will update this post with the recipe later. Here are some pics I took of my lunch (quality not so great because they were taken on the phone):
Top Left: My Messy Desk; Top Right & Bottom Left: The Salad; Bottom Right: Crispy Rings
I made the dressing at home and brought it in a separate container. Thought if it wasn't good, I could atleast eat the salad with regular salt and pepper on it. The dressing was not very strong as I did not use olive oil or red (or was it white?) wine vinegar as per the recipe. But even this way, it was quite nice. And healthy!

Rushina suggested packing nachos with this salad, but I found these onion-flavoured crispy rings quite nice too. 

Thanks, Rushina! :)

PS: These days, I've taken a liking for experimenting with food. So expect more posts like this.

PPS: The light lunch was also in preparation for tonight's Ramadhan feast at Mohammad Ali Road. Going there after years... Hope it doesn't disappoint. 

#ABC POSTCARD 19/31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon

Watch this space! (updated)

postcard from j: goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend